How do I know if I have overdue items?
The ABC Library makes many efforts to keep you informed of the status of your account.
- When items become 14 days overdue an overdue notice is sent that reminds you to return or renew your items.
- When items become 28 days overdue a second notice is sent, alerting you that items are significantly overdue. Accounts that reach this level past-due are temporarily suspended, and customers are informed of the replacement costs of all items, in case they are lost. Returning items in good condition clears the account, and allows customers to begin using their cards again.
- Accounts with items 53 days or more overdue become eligible for listing with a collection agency. Accounts listed with the collection agency are charged a non-refundable processing fee.
It is important to make sure that the ABC Library has your correct contact information, so that you receive notices about your library account. Make sure to update your email, telephone, and mailing address with us if there are ever any changes.
Customers who sign up for email notices also receive:
- courtesy notices three days before items are due
- detailed title information in hold pickup and the first overdue notice
- a reminder when their library cards are ready to be renewed.